- Define Goals
- Find Funding
- Prepare Proposal
- Submit Proposal
- Award Set Up
- Managing Projects
- Close Out
- OSU is now using Cayuse SP for all external sponsored research proposal submissions.
- Cayuse 424 is the proposal submission system for funding requests to Grants.gov. If you are submitting a proposal through Cayuse 424, you will still need to build a Cayuse SP proposal.
What browsers should I use for Cayuse? Evisions fully supports Internet Explorer 11 and recent versions of Mozilla Firefox and Firefox ESR. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari are all provisionally supported.
How to Create a Cayuse SP Proposal
OSU College of Agriculture offers support through the proposal submission process, including entering proposals into Cayuse SP.
1. Navigate to https://oregonstate.cayuse424.com.
2. Login using your ONID username (all lower case) and password (case sensitive).
3. Select the “Cayuse SP (Sponsored Projects)” research administration modules (near center of the page).
4. Select the “Start new Proposal” from your left-hand navigation panel.
5. All sections must be complete to start the submission/review process (i.e. have a green check-mark).
6. All PI level reviewers should be added to the “Investigators/Research Team” area.
7. Be sure to check that all departmental and college level approvers have been added to the “Approving Depts” area.
For detailed help filling out a Cayuse SP proposal, check out our blog posts: Cayuse: Unlocking (some of) the mysteries – Part 1 and Part 2. Or contact Grant and Proposal Support for assistance.
When you are submitting a proposal don’t forget to:
- Upload minimum documentation into Cayuse SP: a Scope of Work or Project Summary, final Budget, final Budget Justification, program announcement and any cost restrictions (helpful but not required).
- Provide sufficient time for your proposal to be reviewed and authorized by the Dean’s Office in the College of Agricultural Sciences and the OSU Office of Sponsored Research and Award Administration (5 days recomended).
- Be proactive with research compliance needs through the OSU Office of Research Integrity.
- Cayuse New User Registration Form
- Adding a new sponsor/subawardee to Cayuse
- Avoiding Common Problems in Cayuse SP