Agricultural Career Achievement Registry
The College of Agricultural Sciences wishes to honor people whose lifetime contributions to agriculture, natural resources, and the people of Oregon and/or Oregon State University have been significant. This award provides the opportunity to publicly recognize these accomplishments of individuals who have contributed to the well-being of their community, industry, or state. The honor will include recognition by the College at a luncheon where award recipients will receive an award and a lapel pin. They will become permanent members of the Diamond Pioneer Agricultural Achievement Registry in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Men and women who have contributed a great deal to the development of Oregon's agriculture and natural resources, and/or Oregon State University. Rather than short-term public service, this award reflects a lifetime of involvement.
- They should be 74 years of age or older and still be living.
- In particular, include individuals who have pioneered in some area of Oregon's agriculture and natural resources, or have made innovative changes or performed public service that has helped make Oregon a better place to live.
Please provide a 2-3 page summary with the Nomination Form, containing the following information about your candidate:
- Name, address, and phone number (if another person should be contacted, please indicate).
- Date of birth. If the exact date is unavailable, include some information to indicate the person is 74 years or older, as of March 31 of the nomination year.
A biographical sketch that tells about the nominee, such as family history and accomplishments. Be as specific as possible about items of a pioneering or innovative nature that have had an impact on Oregon agriculture and the development of our natural resources. Where appropriate, include:
- Dates that the nominee served on agricultural boards and/or committees.
- Types of cooperation, such as collaboration with specific extension services or experiment station programs, the nominee's role in the cooperative effort, and the significance of this cooperative program.
- Other types of on-going involvement with OSU. These activities could include interactions with students, teaching classes as a volunteer, etc.
- The nominee's efforts to help or encourage others, particularly young people.
- Do not go into detail on lodge or church membership and activities.
- Please do not provide letters of support, vita, previous award nomination packets, or other similar documentation. These items are not necessary.
Date: April 19, 2022
CH2M Hill Alumni Center
Oregon State University
725 SW 26th St
Corvallis, OR 97331
Please reach out to Leighann Auer with any questions at: 541-737-5835 or email@example.com
Note: All attendees will be required to comply with all OSU, OHA, and CDC COVID safety guidelines in place at the time of the meeting. More information will be made available closer to the event date.
Nomination Deadline: March 7, 2022
Office of the Dean
Attn: Leighann Auer
College of Agricultural Sciences
430 Strand Agriculture Hall
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-2212
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.