Agricultural Career Achievement Registry
The College of Agricultural Sciences wishes to honor people whose lifetime contributions to agriculture, natural resources, and the people of Oregon and/or Oregon State University have been significant. This award provides the opportunity to publicly recognize these accomplishments of individuals who have contributed to the well-being of their community, industry, or state. The honor will include recognition by the College at a luncheon where award recipients will receive an award and a lapel pin. They will become permanent members of the Diamond Pioneer Agricultural Achievement Registry in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Men and women who have contributed a great deal to the development of Oregon's agriculture and natural resources, and/or Oregon State University. Rather than short-term public service, this award reflects a lifetime of involvement.
- They should be 74 years of age or older and still be living.
- In particular, include individuals who have pioneered in some area of Oregon's agriculture and natural resources, or have made innovative changes or performed public service that has helped make Oregon a better place to live.
Please provide a 2-3 page summary with the Nomination Form, containing the following information about your candidate:
- Name, address, and phone number (if another person should be contacted, please indicate).
- Date of birth. If the exact date is unavailable, include some information to indicate the person is 74 years or older, as of March 31 of the nomination year.
A biographical sketch that tells about the nominee, such as family history and accomplishments. Be as specific as possible about items of a pioneering or innovative nature that have had an impact on Oregon agriculture and the development of our natural resources. Where appropriate, include:
- Dates that the nominee served on agricultural boards and/or committees.
- Types of cooperation, such as collaboration with specific extension services or experiment station programs, the nominee's role in the cooperative effort, and the significance of this cooperative program.
- Other types of on-going involvement with OSU. These activities could include interactions with students, teaching classes as a volunteer, etc.
- The nominee's efforts to help or encourage others, particularly young people.
- Do not go into detail on lodge or church membership and activities.
- Please do not provide letters of support, vita, previous award nomination packets, or other similar documentation. These items are not necessary.
Date: April 12, 2023
CH2M Hill Alumni Center
Oregon State University
725 SW 26th St
Corvallis, OR 97331
Please reach out to Lori Hodgert with any questions at: 541-737-3676 or email@example.com.
Nomination Deadline: February 24, 2023
Office of the Dean
Attn: Lori Hodgert
College of Agricultural Sciences
430 Strand Agriculture Hall
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-2212
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.